REACH EU Regulation and Compliance
Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and restriction of Chemicals (REACH) is one of the most comprehensive and far-reaching pieces of environmental legislation to come out of the European Union. Third-party laboratory Testing allows you to verify compliance with the following requirements of REACH:
Annex XVII Restricted Substances
- 3 phthalates for toys and 6 phthalates for toys when the toy can be placed in the mouth by children
- AZO colorants in textiles
- Nickel release from metal products in direct contact with skin
- Asbestos fibres
- Arsenic compounds
- Mercury compounds
- View full list
Candidate List of 49 SVHCs (Substances of Very High Concern)
There is a general 0.1% w/w (0.1% of total product weight) limit for each of the 49 SVHCs that applies to all product types. Substances of Very High Concern include:
- Carcinogenic, Mutagenic or toxic to reproduction (CMR)
- Persistent, Bioaccumulative and Toxic (PBT) or very Persistent and very Bioaccumulative (vPvB)
- Identified, on a case-by-case basis, from scientific evidence as causing probable serious effects to human health or the environment of an equivalent level of concern as those above (e.g. endocrine disrupters).
Candidate List Extension
In December of 2015 five new substances* of very high concern (SVHCs) were added to the Candidate List which now contains 168 substances. The Candidate List includes substances that may have serious effects on human health or the environment. These five new substances may soon be moved to the Authorisation List which would make it necessary for industry to get permission before using any of these substances.
3rd party preshipment products goods factory onsite inline final Random AQL PSI TPI FRI DUPRO third party on-site in-line pre-shipment QA control assurance services in China India Vietnam Thailand Malaysia Bangladesh Taiwan.